My friend, JP Maroney tagged me a couple of days ago from a tag he had received with a simple question...the top 5 reasons why I blog? Good question. Here is my response.
1. Fun and Entertaining. I am passionate about finding new small business and home based business ideas and presenting them in a quick, fun and entertaining way. A blog is the best way to do that.
2. Personality. A blog shows your personality and your expertise. People begin to feel like they know you and that builds trust - always a good thing when marketing.
3. Fast Exposure. Blogs showcase you and your business quickly, much faster than a traditional or static website. Blogs get indexed quickly so people can find your site easily on Google, other search engines, and blog directories.
4. New Ventures. New Friends. A blog will expand your reach to people who are interested in what you are doing which can lead to joint ventures, affiliations, and sometimes just new friends from around the globe.
5. Interactive. A blog allows you to interact with readers, get feedback, involve them in your ideas and build relationships, which is really what marketing is all about.